Sunset Lake CBD is brought to you by long-time MR listeners and fans of the show. They know how crazy buying CBD online can be and that’s why they want to be your one-stop CBD shop. Unlike some companies, Sunset Lake CBD grows everything that they infuse into their products and will provide you with certified test results with every order.
Still unsure? Email or call and speak to a real person— they can help walk you through the process and recommend the right product for you. They want to make buying CBD stress-free! Visit www.sunsetlakecbd.com and let them help you find that peace of mind. Enter code “leftisbest” (that’s one word) at checkout for 20% off every order.
THE BIG NEWS
2024 Watch: Manchin Passes His Expiration Date
- Corrupt Coal Baron Sen. Joe Manchin III Could Gift Republicans the Senate and the White House The reluctant Democrat from West Virginia announced he won't be running for reelection to the Senate, but instead will be "creating a movement to mobilize the middle" through a potential third-party presidential campaign backed by the centrist charlatans at No Labels. via the New York Times and Politico.
- Evil Brain Still Works: Mitch McConnell Recruited West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice to Challenge Manchin "Polls suggested Manchin would struggle to beat Justice, a former Democrat and Manchin supporter who alienated the senator when he fired his wife, Gayle Manchin, as his education secretary several years ago." via the Washington Post and Politico.
- Trump Vows to Go Full Dictator, Jail Critics and Put Democrats 'Out of the Election' If He Gets Another Term "To facilitate Trump's ability to direct Justice Department actions, his associates have drafted plans to dispense with 50 years of policy and practice intended to shield criminal prosecutions from political considerations." via the Washington Post and the Guardian.
- Special Counsel Jack Smith Will Make Trump's Role in Directing Jan. 6 Capitol Mob Central to His Criminal Trial Next March "Smith's description of the case he plans to lay out was a response to Trump’s demand that U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan strike references to the Jan. 6 riot from the language of the indictment." via Politico.
- Canadians Slightly Perturbed By Vivek Ramaswamy's Call to Build a Wall on U.S. Northern Border Conservative former Alberta Premier Jason Kenney calls Ramaswamy's proposal "completely nuts." via BBC News.
- Swing State Poll: Voters Blame Anti-China Rhetoric for Hate Crimes Targeting Asians, Want U.S. and China to 'Work Together' But at the lie-filled GOP debate in Miami the other night, new Never-Trump donor favorite Nikki Haley and floundering fascist Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis "accused each other of being too nice to China." via NBC News.
- A Sign of Things to Come: Feds Investigating Powder-Filled Letters to Elections Offices in Five States "Someone attempted to terrorize our elections staff, and that's not OK," says Devon Ashbridge a spokeswoman for the Lane County, Oregon Elections Office. via the Associated Press.
- Third Time's a Charm: Jill Stein Will Carry the Green Party's Banner Again "Unlike independent candidates like Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Cornel West, who will have a difficult time landing a spot on the ballot in all 50 states, the Green Party has already secured ballot access in 18 states, including the sizable electoral prizes of Texas and California." via HuffPost.
- 'Dean Phillips is What Most Americans Want,' Says Andrew Yang Former Yang Gangers have signed on to to the Minnesota Democratic Rep.'s haphazard primary challenge to Joe Biden, as has former Bernie Sanders campaign strategist Jeff Weaver. via the Post.
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Says 'the Parties' Approached Him 'One After the Other' After a Poll Showed 46 Percent of Americans Want Him as President He isn't ruling it out, but says that for now, "most important thing to me is being a daddy." via the Guardian.
MORE STORIES TO WATCH
House GOP Still Wants Food Stamp Cuts – Or Else
The White House is once again warning federal agencies to prepare for a shutdown, as it's clear that Budding Theocrat House Speaker Mike Johnson is already losing control of his caucus, a sizable portion of which is determined to starve the poor. Vulnerable Republican incumbents are worried that demands from their colleagues to cut the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program will cost them reelection, Politico reports. Johnson supported SNAP cuts prior to his ascension, but now privately says it won't happen. "I don't think the Lord Jesus himself could manage this group," Texas GOP Rep. Troy Nehls said after his caucus canceled two votes on spending bills this week. "We're ungovernable." As HuffPost reports, none of this bodes well for the House passing a funding bill to avert a government shutdown on Nov. 18. Senate Appropriations Committee chair Patty Murry calls a plan floated by some Republicans to approve spending one agency at a time "the craziest, stupidest thing I've ever heard of." Wait until next week!
U.S. Official Says Gaza Death Toll Undercounted
- Israel Rejects U.S. Call for Multi-Day Pause in Gaza Fighting The IDF says the hourslong pauses it did agree to "are very narrow — neighborhood by neighborhood — and that there's no commitment to stop attacks in Gaza altogether for any duration of time." via NBC News and the Washington Post.
- IDF Raid Kills 18 Palestinians in West Bank as Pace of Settler Violence Doubles "As the raid began, flyers were dropped on Jenin refugee camp saying: 'The IDF’s activity inside the camp takes place due to terrorist activity that you support, the IDF will remain here and return time after time until terrorism is finally eradicated.'" via the Guardian and the Post.
- Congressional Democratic Response to Deluge of Constituent Cease-Fire Calls: 'Let It Go to Voicemail' Staffers for one congresswoman are "being told to claim she supports a humanitarian pause, even though she has never said so in public," while aides for another member complain "his statements are so vague and full of inaccessible jargon that we don't know what his true stance is." via HuffPost.
- With at Least 39 Journalists Killed Since Oct. 7, Israeli Government Slanders Journalists as 'Accomplices in Crimes Against Humanity' An Israeli outfit called Honest Reporting says it was just asking questions when it alleged without evidence that some freelance photographers had foreknowledge of the Hamas attack. via the Associated Press and the New York Times.
- Senate Dems Postpone Subpoena Vote on Supreme Court Corruption After GOP Files 90 Amendments "If they're gonna ask for subpoenas, we're gonna ask for subpoenas," the remarkably infantile 90-year-old Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley said, explaining the Republican strategy to derail the judicial ethics inquiry. via the Washington Post and the Associated Press.
- Pope Francis' Inclusion of Trans People Puts Him at Odds with U.S. Bishops A Vatican document published this week says trans people can be baptized and serve as godparents as well as witnesses as weddings, reversing a 2015 ruling. via the Washington Post and the New York Times.
- California Ag Department Countersues Mother of Girl Whose Beloved Goat Was Eaten By GOP Lawmaker Jessica "Long begged the [Shasta county] fair to let her daughter keep Cedar, despite the goat having already been sold at auction for $902 to state Sen. Brian Dahle." via the Los Angeles Times.
- 'A Swiftie Doesn't Vote Milei': Taylor Swift Army Mobilizes Against AnCap Freak in Argentina Presidential candidate Javier Milei "represents the antidemocratic right that comes to take away all our acquired rights," Argentina's Swift fan club proclaimed ahead of her first-ever concert there. via the AP.
That's how many upper income Americans say in a new poll that it's hard to know when to tip service workers. Only 22 percent of low income people report the same confusion. And while nearly 40 percent of low income people say it is very easy to know when to tip, only 25 percent of upper income people share this understanding.
ON THE SHOW TODAY
DON'T MISS MR CLIPS
Oh for sure man.
"All the red flags are there. We are sounding the alarm bells and we need action. Frankly, I don't want to hear about more meetings. I don't want to hear about conferences. I don't want to hear about summits. Goddamn, do something."
-- National Transportation Safety Board chair Jennifer Homendy, speaking to reporters after a Senate hearing on a growing U.S. aviation safety crisis caused by fatigue among pilots and air traffic controllers, who routinely work 60 hours per week due to understaffing. If House Republicans cause a government shutdown at the end of next week, controllers will be forced to work without pay until Congress passes a funding measure.
Quickie Discount Code Corner
Hey check it out! Stuff on sale!
IAC Laser Engraving: IAC Laser Engraving is a Leftist-owned Worker Collective started by long time listener, Ryan Lubin in September of 2021. Visit iaclasers.com to order your custom item today and enter in Coupon Code: "MAJORITY10" at purchase to receive a 10% discount on their AMAZING products."
Fast Growing Trees: Go to this link right now, and you’ll get FIFTEEN PERCENT OFF your entire order.
Ritual: Get key nutrients without the B.S. Ritual is offering our listeners 10% off during your first three months. Visit here to start your Ritual today.
Aura: Protect yourself from America’s fastest-growing crime. Try Aura for 14 days for free: https://aura.com/majority
ZBiotics: Go to https://thld.co/zbiotics_majority_0722 and get 15% off your first order of ZBiotics Pre-Alcohol Probiotic by using my code MAJORITY at checkout.
HoldOn Bags: HoldOn plant-based compostable kitchen/trash bags: Get 20% OFF with code MAJORITY at https://holdonbags.com/majority
StoryWorth: StoryWorth is an online service that helps every other figure in your life share stories through thought-provoking questions about their memories and personal thoughts. Get started right away with no shipping required by going to https://storyworth.com/majority you'll get $10 of your first purchase!
Henson Shaving: Go to https://hensonshaving.com/majority and use code MAJORITY for a free 100-pack of blades!
Quip: If you go to this link RIGHT NOW, you’ll get your first refill FREE.
Shopify: Go to this link here for a FREE fourteen-day trial and get full access to Shopify's entire suite of features.
LiquidIV: You can get 25% off when you go to liquidiv.com and use code MAJORITYREP at checkout.
Stamps.com: Start mailing and shipping with stamps.com, and keep more money in your pocket every day. Sign up with promo code MAJORITYREPORT for a special offer that includes a 4-week trial, plus free postage and a digital scale.
ZipRecruiter: Find the right employees for your workplace with ZipRecruiter. Try it FOR FREE at this exclusive web address.
Nutrafol: For FIFTEEN DOLLARS OFF go to https://nutrafol.com/men/ with promo code MAJORITY.
Outer: See the difference at go.liveouter.com/MAJORITY. Plus, for a limited time, get $300 off and FREE shipping.
Sunset Lake CBD: Visit sunsetlakecbd.com.
Grove: Go to this link here today to get a free gift set worth up to fifty dollars with your first order. Plus, shipping is fast and FREE.
Headspace: Try this link, with discount code MAJORITY and get one month FREE of their entire mindfulness library.
StartMail: Start securing your email privacy with StartMail. Sign up today and you’ll get 50% off your first year! Go to this link here for our special promotion!.
CozyEarth: Go to this link here and enter the special promo code MAJORITY at checkout to SAVE thirty-five percent now.